BEHIND THE SCENES
5. ADDING TEXT. Finally I add text.
2. PHOTOGRAPHING WORK. Then, I photograph the work.
The process I use when illustrating Snuffbooks Originals: cutting paper, photographing images, scanning images, rendering artwork and adding text.
4. RENDERING WORK (This part of the process gets a little tricky. Creating a well rendered look while maintaining the integrity of the paper becomes a balancing act. It's important for me to allow a little of the paper (and the space it creates) to still be seen.
3. SCAN WORK INTO COMPUTER SOFTWARE (I upload the photographed images and remove all areas I will not need. The software I am most comfortable with is GIMP.)
1. CUTTING OUT CHARACTERS. I "sketch" characters using scissors, gluing all shapes together in layers to create a sense of space.